The AV Professional's Trouble-shooting Toolkit. Completely passive and bi-directional.
Phono to XLR Balancing Box
Being completely passive (no batteries or external power required) and bi-directional, PXB can match unbalanced and balanced audio sources, line to mic levels, stereo and mono signals, and troubleshoot hum problems - all in one versatile and rugged unit.
Connects an unbalanced audio signal to a professional, balanced AV sound system to get rid of the hum and clicks they produce. Also applicable to laptop computers, CD and DVD players and other 'consumer' devices that you need to integrate smoothly into a professional presentation set-up.
The unit has both phono and 3-pin XLR inputs, the outputs are completely isolated in either direction and by using the ‘Ground Lift' feature where required, hum problems can be easily cured.
- Always ready to go - no batteries or external power required
- Bi-directional - can match balanced and unbalanced audio in either direction
- Inputs and outputs fully isolated - ensures unwanted ground loops are defeated
- Ground-lift switch - to help cure hum problems
- Stereo/Mono select switch
- Line to mic level matching using 20dB pad switch
- 3-pin XLR and phono inputs - easily interfaces to computer and/or consumer audio sources
- Small and rugged case - designed to cope with