The Pointmaker CPN-5600 HDCP color annotation system combines all of the features of previous Pointmaker models with new features many of you have been asking for, such as the ability to control the Pointmaker from an iPad. For the same price as the CPN-5000, you may be able to substitute the CPN-5600 in many of your installations.
HDCP Color Annotation System with iPad control, scaling, capture, print & network.
Below are some key differences to consider.
Some of the new CPN-5600 features (differences from the CPN-5000)
- iPad Control. The CPN-5600 works in conjunction with the free iPad app PVI Control that allows presenters to execute commands, select video sources and choose marker styles from the iPad.
- Smaller footprint, with recessed rack ears that allow for front-end USB cabling and gives extra space on the side for a power supply. (Unit width: 11.875″) Rack ears must be specified at time of order.
- Nicer menus. Those of you who are used to our somewhat outdated teal menus in previous models will be surprised!
- More HDMI ports, offering a total of 5 In and 2 Out (over the 2 In and 1 Out of the CPN-5000.) Note: Inputs 5 through 9 handle HDCP content, and only the HDMI3-out port handles HDCP content.
- Additional VGA In port (2 total) and a new VGA Out port.
- USB keyboard instead of the CPN-5000′s PS/2 version.
- 1 network (LAN) port.
- 5x faster in saving images to USB than CPN-5000.
- Fully software-upgradeable.
You’ll prefer the CPN-5000 for now, if you need:
2 HDMI ouputs that handle HDCP content.
Comm-4 or Comm-8 options.
A DVI connection instead of VGA or HDMI.
Composite & Y/C inputs
DTX-DRVRS-232 Line Driver Pair (One pair needed per device)
EXT-USB-4PORT USB Extender (up to 150ft) with 4 port hub – For use only with CPN-5600, CPN-5000,
PVI-4600 and PVI-4300.
DTU-CTL470 USB Digitizing Tablet (active drawing area 5.8″x3.6″)
Front panel of CPN-5600 (top) and back panel (bottom). The front panel features (left to right) 1 USB B port and 4 USB 2.0 ports.